RSVP to the 2019 Idea Summit using the form below:
Are you ready to plan a change for your community? Are you ready to join thousands of citizens and hundreds of organizations working to create an equitable, healthy and ecologically thriving region?
If so, please apply today to become a Champion for Change with One Region Forward’s Citizens Planning School! Through a series of six workshops, homework, and teamwork over three months, Champions for Change learn how to turn ideas into action with practical tools, knowledge, and leadership skills.
Based on a match of talents and passions, Champions and University at Buffalo students will be placed in action planning teams. Champions also receive technical support through faculty mentors in collaboration with UB’s School of Architecture and Planning, Blackstone LaunchPad’s social entrepreneurship program, and It Takes A Village Action Organization.
Six Tuesday Night Workshops
- February 26
- March 12
- March 26
- April 9
- April 23
- May 7
Idea Summit & Graduation Saturday, May 11 morning
University at Buffalo, South Campus, Hayes Hall
A community of faculty, staff, and community members who will be sharing their time, talents, and gifts with us this spring:
- Hadar Borden, Program Director, Blackstone Launchpad
- Beverly Newkirk, Executive Director, It Takes A Village
- Gail Wells, Friends of the Michigan Street African American Heritage Corridor
- Eve Holberg, AICP, Planner, Joy Kuebler Landscape Architect
- Stephanie Bucalo, University District Community Development Association
- Will Becker, Project Manager, Sinatra Development
- Julia White, Clean Air Coalition
Recruit a Champion in Your Community!
Do you know a passionate, committed friend, family member, or neighbor in your community who you think would make a great Champion for Change? Help us recruit a talented and diverse pool of applicants:
- Champions for Change Flyer, PDF (great for printing and/or sharing via email)
- Champions for Change Flyer, PNG (great for posting on social media)
- Champions for Change Web Graphic, PNG (great for posting on social media)
- Draft Language for Recruitment Email/Social Media Post
- Curricular Overview of Course
- Direct Link to Application: https://goo.gl/forms/IP9y5XgJbJ35F1im2
How are citizens already helping to drive change across our region? Check out this video featuring the work of our past Champions for Change:
The University at Buffalo School of Architecture and Planning, Blackstone LaunchPad, and It Takes A Village Action Organization are hosting the fifth semester of Champions for Change.